Saturday 2 June 2012

Things I know ~ Being A Parent of Boys



I don't know about you, but when I see someone who is going through their first pregnancy, I can't help but smile, as you just know, that they have no idea of what they're in for. And you kind of want to prepare them a little bit, but at the same time, you don't want to scare the shit out of them.

From the moment the baby is in their arms (or earlier for some people), you know that they will experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, never knowing what the next day will bring.

As the parent of two boys, these are some of the things I now know, that I didn't before:

~ Being in love, and being in love with your child, are two totally different things.

~ You will be amazed by the fierceness of the love you feel, and even at times, possibly a little afraid of it.

~ You will wonder how this tiny little person can make you feel so much joy one minute, and then so
much anger and frustration the next.

~ You will start to forget who you were, before you became a mum.

~ You really had no idea of what tired was.

~ No amount of sleep is ever enough.

~ You don't need to always run when you hear a thump.....first wait for the screaming.

~ Wiping a dummy off on your jeans is as good as sterilizing.

~ Jokes about poo stains on undies are no longer funny.

~ Boys will find dirt AN.Y.WHERE.

~ You will spend the majority of your day cleaning wee off the toilet floor.

~ Cheap wine is better than no wine at all.





Did anyone warn you about being a parent? Do you wish they had, or are you glad they didn't?






Linking in with Singular Insanity for 'Things I Know'





4 comments:

  1. hi Tracey

    I agree on boys finding dirt anywhere.
    Great things to know.
    I wait for screaming too or crashing sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish!
    Thanks for visiting!
    Gotta love boys, don't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, god, all those things - yes!

    Gotta love first time pregnant women - they look so smug and unsuspecting. If only they knew. It is such a peaceful, optimistic time for most of us...

    I have two boys too and not only dirt, but rocks! And sticks! They find them and bring them hone. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, had no idea what I was in for. I grew up in a female dominant household, and now have 2 sons. Nobody could have prepared me for some of the adventures they've provided.

    As for the graphic at the top. I am not concerned when there is noise, because I have some indication of where they are and what they're up to. I worry when they go quiet... always means they up to no good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...