Sunday 11 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 11. Inflexibility...Be Gone!





Welcome to Day Eleven of The November 20/20 Challenge.

Today's activity highlight is Pilates!


I love pilates! 

I've never done a class, but I used to regularly do a pilates DVD and although it was hard work, I always felt amazing after it! Obviously the more I did it, the better I got at it, too! And for a time there, I was doing it every day. I've mentioned before how 'inflexible' my body is, and it actually started to improve! 

But then I stopped. I went on a five week 4WD trip around far North Queensland, and although I did it occasionally on that trip (I had recorded the audio onto my MP3 player - I knew it so well, I didn't need to watch it), it was also the trip that I got engaged, so other things became a priority.

Alas, my flexibility returned back to the way it was. 

Dismal.

Pilates can be done in group classes, or one on one with an instructor, and is performed either on special pilates equipment, or a mat on the floor.


Some other benefits of Pilates include:

Whole body fitness.

Improves co-ordination and balance.

Improves posture.

Increases muscle strength, especially of the core muscles.

Strengthens bones.

Weight loss.

Boosts metabolism.



I think it might be time to dig out that DVD! In fact, on second thought, I think it might be a video tape!

Oh gees. Ebay, here I come!







           Tracey



If you haven't yet joined the challenge, you're not too late! Go here for details ♥


*Don't forget to join my Facebook page (if you haven't already), or you'll miss all the updates, photos and tips!




















2 comments:

  1. I do a pilates reformer class every week. I love it! I find it has so many benefits like flexibility, strength, posture and relaxation. I always come out of class feeling much taller lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're a good girl. I'd like to find a pilates class around here. I wouldn't mind feeling taller too! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...