Monday 19 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 19. Kick Up Those Heels!




Welcome to Day Nineteen of The November 30/30 Challenge.

The activity highlight for today is Latin Dancing!



Last year, every Monday night, my sister in law and I did a Latin Dance class. 


Now, it wasn't your typical latin class where you dance with a partner. 

It was a women's only, latin dance workout class, and I loved it! 

We learnt all the typical latin steps, and did them over and over again in different routines, and I tell you what! 

It was one hell of a workout! 

By the time we were half way through a class, I had a bright red face and was sweating up a storm! 

But mostly what I loved about it, was that I felt sexy doing it! 

It didn't matter that I looked ridiculous. What was important, was that I felt sexy ;)


Latin dance is very social, obviously when most of it is danced with a partner, but if you don't have a partner, some places have classes like mine, or most places have lessons where you can find a partner there. Generally, the first part of the night is learning the steps, and then you choose a partner and spend the rest of the session practising the steps together. 

Apart from the social aspect, there are many other benefits of Latin Dancing.

Some of them are:


Improves co-ordination.

Reduces stress.

Improves muscle tone.

Assists weight loss.

Lowers blood pressure.

Uses the mind, by requiring concentration.

Improves flexibility.

Increases range of motion in joints.

Improves posture.



So, if you enjoy dancing, why not give latin a try? It's a great workout, as well as being a lot of fun. You might also get to meet some great people.

And in the wise words of Dave Barry - 

 "Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance."






          Tracey



If you haven't yet joined the challenge, it's not too late! Go here for details ♥


*Don't forget to join my Facebook page (if you haven't already), or you'll miss all the updates, photos and tips! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...