Wednesday 28 November 2012

The November 30/30 Challenge - Day 28. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin....



Welcome to Day Twenty Eight of The November 30/30 Challenge.

Today's activity highlight is Roller Skating!


Roller Skating used to be my favourite past time. I was fifteen years old and every Saturday night, one of my best friends and I would go off to Caribbean Rollerama, and skate the night away. It was the highlight of my week, and my mother knew it. It was how she got me to do everything.

"Clean your room Tracey, or you won't be going skating this week."

"Tracey, please wash the dishes like I asked you to, or there will be no skating."

"If you hit your sister like that again, there will be no roller skating for a month!"

(Didn't matter that she'd hit me first).


It meant everything to me. If there was a reason I couldn't go, it felt like the world was ending.

And of course it had absolutely nothing to do with the spunky teenage boys that went there too :)


Now at the time, the last thing on my mind was the exercise I was doing. But the activity that I had unconsciously chosen was a really healthy one, and provided some great benefits!

They include:


Burns calories.

Works all major muscle groups.

Reduces stress.

Low impact on joints.

Strengthens and tones muscles.

Weight loss.

Cardiovascular workout.



So how about giving roller skating a try?

Go on. You know you want to!







          Tracey







2 comments:

  1. I may just have to do this!! BY the way I love your blog I am officially your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, and welcome! It's always nice to meet someone new! And thank you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love to read them all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...